Eid-ul-Adha will be on Tuesday the 10th of Zul-Hijja, October 15thOctober 7, 2013
Assalamou alaikoum wa rahmatou Allahi wa barakatouh,
This is to let you know that the moon has been sighted on Saturday 29th of Zul Qida, 5th of Oct, in accordance with our agreed upon criteria (information below). Therefore, Sunday, October 6th, is the first day of Zul-Hijja, and Eid-ul-Adha will be on Tuesday the 10th of Zul-Hijja, October 15th, in shaa Allah.
I would like to take this occasion of unity and spirituality, in these special ten days of Zul-Hijja, to wish you and your family a very happy and blessed month of Zul-Hijja filled with good deeds, more of which in the first ten days, in accordance with the Sunna, and may Allah accept our repentance, our good deeds and accept the efforts of all those performing Hajj.
May Allah Taala make this Eid a very joyful time for you, your family and for Muslims around the world, forgive us our shortcomings and guide us toward success in this life and the hereafter, and protect us and our children from any trial and all evils.
In these special days, please don't forget to make duaa to our community and Muslims around the world, especially in Syria, Egypt and Burma and all those who are facing hardship and difficult time.
Jazakoum Allaho khiran and best wishes to all
Wa assalamou alaikoum
1. Special request to the administrators or the imams of our mosques: please confirm the location and time of Eid prayer organized by your masjid, by return email, as soon as possible to post it on our website and to inform the community, in shaa Allah.
2. MCM imams' committee agreed to follow global matlaa with certain conditions. For the purpose of this announcement, the following conditions at the location of the claimed sighting must apply to be able to consider the moon sighting report credible:
1. The moon set must be after sunset by sufficient time for visibility.
2. The moon age and sight conditions must allow visibility.
3. The sunset time at the location of sighting must be before or same sunset time in Montreal, or in the boundary of North or South America.