Eid-ul-Adha will be on Friday, October 26th, 2012, the 10th of Zul-Hijja 1433 - Eid Prayer Times & Places in MontrealOctober 21, 2012
Assalamou alaikoum wa rahmatou Allahi wa barakatouh,
This is to let you know that the moon was sighted on October 16th, the 29th of Zul-Qida, in number of locations around the world, in accordance with our agreed upon criteria (information below). Therefore, Wednesday, October 17th, was the first day of Zul-Hijja, and Eid-ul-Adha will be on Friday the 10th of Zul-Hijja, October 26th, in shaa Allah. Please click here for Eid prayer times & Places around Montreal.
May Allah Taala make this Eid a very joyful time for you, your family and for Muslims around the world, forgive us our shortcomings and guide us toward success in this life and the hereafter, and protect us and our children from any trial and all evils.
In these special days, please don't forget to make duaa to our community and Muslims around the world, especially in Syria and all those who are facing hardship and difficult time.
Jazakoum Allaho khiran and best wishes to all
Wa assalamou alaikoum
1. Special request to the administrators or the imams of our mosques: please confirm the location and time of Eid prayer organized by your masjid, by return email, as soon as possible to post it on our website and to inform the community, in shaa Allah.
2. MCM imams' committee agreed to follow global matlaa with certain conditions. For the purpose of this announcement, the following conditions at the location of the claimed sighting must apply to be able to consider the moon sighting report credible:
1. The moon set must be after sunset by sufficient time for visibility.
2. The moon age must be above 10 hours of age.
3. The sunset time at the location of sighting must be before or same sunset time in Montreal, or in the boundary of North or South America.